How to fix mails not receiving from WordPress website
Did you know that your WordPress contact forms may not be sending you an email notifications? With a few changes to your website settings, you can easily fix mail issue & get email notifications to your email.
By default, WordPress uses the PHP mail function to send emails any contact plugin like WPForms. If your WordPress hosting server is not configured to use the PHP mail function, you wont get any emails. Nothing to worry this is a common WordPress error.
So we highly recommend to use SMTP to send emails in WordPress. Using SMTP increases email deliverability by using proper authentication.
In this article, we will show you how to use WP Mail SMTP plugin to send emails. WP Mail SMTP fixes your email deliverability by reconfiguring the wp_mail() PHP function to use a proper SMTP provider. WP Mail SMTP plugin works with all major email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Microsoft Live, and any other email sending service that offers SMTP.
Steps to use WP Mail SMTP plugin
- You will now need to install and activate the WP Mail SMTP plugin.
- You need to enter the email address which you want to use.
- Add a from name, this will be used as the sender name.
- If you do not add a from name, then the plugin will use the default WordPress.
- You need to choose the mailer. Go ahead and click on the ‘Other SMTP’ option to select it.
- You need to check the box next to ‘Return Path’ option else bounced messages and non-delivery receipts will be lost. This option sets the return path to match the sender email address.
- You need to set up SMTP options where you specify an SMTP host, SMTP port, choose SSL / TLS encryption, choose to use SMTP authentication or not & specify an SMTP username and password.
WP Mail SMTP gives you the option to insert your password in your wp-config.php file, so it’s not visible in your WordPress settings.
We hope this article helped you learn how to fix mails issue using WP Mail SMTP plugin.